It's a privilege to own things but that doesn't make it any less of a pain when they break. Some valve in the car's transmission that means I'm without a car for a long weekend? A pipe in the upstairs bathroom that will require tearing out the kitchen ceiling and force me to project manage four different tradespeople and the insurance company? None of it is the end of the world, but it takes up time, emotions, decision-making-energy, interacting-with-other-people-energy, not to mention money, all of which I'd rather be spending elsewhere.
![]() |
| Alfie was also rather put out by the kitchen situation. |
It is nice, though, when the co-owner of the plumbing company remembers that I taught her daughter and we have a nice chat about how Emily is teaching elementary school down in Delaware and just got moved from a first grade classroom to third grade, and that might not seem like much of a difference, but first graders and third graders are in fact very different animals.


No comments:
Post a Comment